About The Department:
The Department Of Zoology started along with the establishment of the college in June 1958 with PUC Bi.P.C – 40 students and B.Z.C(EM) – 20 students in 1959.Since its inception the department has been playing an important role in assisting the college administration in organizing almost every event. At present six lecturers are working in the department who are well qualified and trained.
Programmes offered by Zoology Department:
Certificate course details:
Objectives of the course:
To create awareness and employability among the students about the various Ornamental fishes.
Number of students enrolled:98
Highlights of the Department:
- Conducted 02 national seminars.
- Dr .S. Shamshad done a minor research project on “A study of evaluate the prevalence of consanguinity and its effects in Muslim community of Kurnool town.”
- Efficient and experienced teaching staff.
- Encouraging Best out going Zoology student by giving endowment prize every academic year on College Day.
- MOU s’ with Inland fisheries and SAVE NATURE, NGO.
Best Practices of the Department:
- Open day of Zoology Museum.
- Certificate course on Ornamental fishes.
- Zoology exhibition.
- Field visits to fisheries and poultry farms.
- Malaria and Dengue awareness programme, AIDS awareness programme.