Department of English
Welcome to English Department
The Department of English was established in the year 1958 along with the establishment of the college. Since its inception the department has been playing a vital role in the development of college. All the lecturers of the department underwent training in communicative language teaching, ELF under George Bishop Jr.,the Senior English Language Fellow from the U.S. State department in S.V.University Tirupathi. As a result ELF methods have been introduced in Englishclassroom.The department provides women oriented courses and striving hard for the intellectual,ethical and aesthetic development of women students. M.A. English is introduced in the year 2011 and offering certificate course. Capacity building is aimed at, which would go a long way in shaping the destiny of the nation. At present the department is striving hard to develop communication skills among the students so as to enable them to become confident and compete with the urban students at various job interviews. In association with JKC the members of the department are imparting the students the required skills like soft skills, social skills, and group-discussion and personality development. Our aim is to bring attitudinal change in the minds of students, to promote knowledge employment skills to empowerthemselves.
A well-equipped English Language Lab is provided to train the students in International English and to expose them to different accents of English. .The quality sustenance and quality enhancement measures are undertaken to meet the nationaltrends.
Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences (E.M.) Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry (E.M.) Mathematics, Chemistry, Data Science
Botany, Zoology, Chemistry ( E.M.&T.M) Bio.Technology, Botany, Chemistry (E.M) Home-Science,(EM)
B.Com. (Computer applications) B.Com. (General)
History, Economics, Political Science (T.M)
History, Advanced English, Computer Applications (E.M)
History, Advanced Urdu ,Political Science (U.M) Advanced Telugu, Psychology, Rural Development
Highlights of the Department:
- Organized one day National Seminar on The Role of Pedagoy in TeachingLearning
- All the faculty of the department are ELFtrained
- ELF methods of teaching are implemented in theclassroom
- Organizing Seminars and guest lectures by eminentFaculty
- MOU with Urdu University,Kurnool
- C. Sumalatha, Topper in P.G. Entrance Examination of S.K.Univerity, Anantapur & stood first in Women Studies, Padmavathi Mahila Universty,Tirupathi.
- A. Jemimah, topper in P.G.Entrance Examination of Rayalaseema University Kurnool & qualified SETExam.
- B.A. Litt. Introduced during the academic year2015-16
- M.A. English is introduced during the year2011-
- More than 90% students are pursuing higher studies from Adv.Englishgroup
- Communication skills and Soft skills I II III are introduced as Foundation Courses in2015
- State level second best study project - Prize received by R. MadhuriIIB.A
- State level first prize for securing highest marks in general English received by R.Mdhuri
- G.Pushpalatha from M.A.English received Gold medal from Rayalaseema University–2015
Best Practices of theDepartment
- Peer – teaching and blockteaching
- Conducting Englishexpo
- Certificate course in spokenEnglish
- ELF Methods ofteaching.
Cetificate Course : Spoken English Syllabus
The department introduced Certificate Course in Spoken English as an additional input.
- To improve fluency and confidence of the student when speakingEnglish
- The ability to communicateeffectively
- To learn correctpronunciation