Brief history of the Department:
Year of Establishment: 1998
K.V.R. Government College is the 1st women’s college in Kurnool sector which introduced Biochemistry at UG level. The department of Biochemistry was introduced in the year 1998 as a restructured course in combination with traditional subject’s zoology and chemistry. From the beginning to till date 16 batches have gone out most of them passed in distinctions first classes.
To be recognized as a centre for excellence in Biochemistry that provides an atmosphere to acquire skills in identifying the link between biological and human resources and transform it to enhance the quality of lifeTo provide leadership in training excellent manpower to guide the course of education, industrial development, research capacity development and public service.
The mission of the degree program in the Department of Biochemistry is to provide undergraduate students with a foundational understanding of the chemical basis of biological processes as well as the laboratory practical skills to evaluate interpret and create biochemical information. To provide opportunities to get hands on experience in –
Research oriented education in Biochemistry Programming and application skills in Bioinformatics and Drug Designing. This mission aligns with the institutional and college missions of educating undergraduate students in the life sciences through diverse, hands-on, experiential opportunities.
Highlights of the Department:
The department of biochemistry is leading in front of the following activities like-
- Having well equipped laboratory.
- Achievement of 100% results in university exams.
- The department presented efficient students who continued their higher studies in research field in different universities all over the country and other countries.
- Organizing medical camps and science exhibitions and awareness programs by the students.
- Having MOU’s with various clinical laboratories, Red Cross blood bank and medical college, so that students can learn advance biochemical techniques by frequently visiting them.
- Organizing seminars and guest lectures by assistant professors from different affiliated colleges.
- Organizing student seminars, elocutions and quiz programs to improve the skills of the students and uplift the abilities of the students and also encouraging students to participate in work shops and summer projects.
- Using effective ICT teaching methods like animated pictures, PowerPoint presentations and visual charts for easy understanding by students.