PROFILE OF THE TELUGU DEPARTMENT
"Vishwa Bhashalandu velugu Telugu,"Telugu is a very expressive and one of the most regular languages of the world. Its grammar is simple and structurally neat. Because of its vowel ending sounds, it has been the language of choice for lyrical compositions in Karnatic music – one of the two musical schools of India. Due to this reason, nineteenth century Europeans dubbed this language “the Italian of the East.”Telugu language islargest member of the Dravidian language family. Primarily spoken in south-eastern India, it is the official language of the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
About the Department
The Department of Telugu was started in 1958 in this college. The Department is equipped with experienced faculty. Around 90% of the students opted to Telugu as their second language in the college.
Several competitions are conducted on Telugu language and literature in order to motivate them on the importance of Telugu language. Fully equipped library is available with numerous volumes for reference.
Aim s & Objectives:-
- Developing Telugu Studies in relation to other major languages of the Dravidian family
- Developing modern applications of language studies with specific emphasis on the present day job market
- Focus upon the comparative aspects of Dravidian Literature and Heritage
- Imparting special training in Translation Activity
HIGHLIGHTS OF DEPARTMENT TELUGU
1. Consistency in pass percentage i.e above 95 %
2. Celebration of MATRUBHASHA DINOTSAVAM on FEBRUARY 21.
3. Celebration of TELUGU BHASHA DINOTSAVAM on AUGUST 29 th every year.
4.celebration of Gurajada and SreeSree etc farmable persons birth anniversaries.
5. Guest lectures by Eminent scholars.
6. Study projects by students on various topics.
7. Class seminars, assignments, debates and quizzes are conducted by students.
8. Conducted a INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR on the Topic “Telugu Literature, History& Culture-A Prespective’’on 26TH &27TH FEB 2020.
9. Conducted a NATIONAL SEMINAR on the Topic “Role of Pedagogy in Higher Education” on 13th Dec 2019.
10. The best practice of the Department is to explain “MORAL STORIES” twice in every Month.