The NCC in India was formed the National Cadet Corps Act of 1948. It can be traced back to the ‘University Corps’, which was created under the Indian Defence Act 1917, with the objective to make up for the shortage in the Army. In 1920, when the Indian Territorial Act was passed, the ‘University Corps’ was replaced by the University Training Corps (UTC). The aim was to raise the status of the UTC and make it more attractive to the youth. The UTC Officers and cadets dressed like the army. It was a significant step towards the Indianisation of armed forces.
In 1948, the Girls Division was raised in order to give equal opportunities to school and college going girls. The NCC was given an inter-service image in 1950 when the Air Wing was added, followed by the Naval Wing in 1952.
K.V.R. Govt. Degree College is one which caters to the higher educational needs of the women of Rural Rayalaseema Region with an attached Student Managed Hostel board ing consisting of nearly 1100 students. It came into existence from 27th July 1958 by Government of A.P. through the initiative of the founder donor Sri Kasireddy Venkata Reddy and named after him. K.V.R Government college has been working for the cause of women education and women empowerment since its inception. It is located in over an area of 13 acres of land near Railway station in Kurnool.