Department of Biochemistry
Year of Establishment: 1998
Brief history of the Department:
K.V.R. Government College is the 1st women’s college in Kurnool sector which introduced Biochemistry at UG level. The department of Biochemistry was introduced in the year 1998 as a restructured course in combination with traditional subject’s zoology and chemistry. From the beginning to till date 16 batches have gone out most of them passed in distinctions first classes.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
The department of biochemistry is leading in front of the following activities like-
- Having well equipped laboratory.
- Achievement of 100% results in university exams.
- The department presented efficient students who continued their higher studies in research field in different universities all over the country and other countries.
- Organizing medical camps and science exhibitions and awareness programs by the students.
- Having MOU’s with various clinical laboratories, Red Cross blood bank and medical college, so that students can learn advance biochemical techniques by frequently visiting them.
- Organizing seminars and guest lectures by assistant professors from different affiliated colleges.
- Organizing student seminars, elocutions and quiz programs to improve the skills of the students and uplift the abilities of the students and also encouraging students to participate in workshops and summer projects.
- Using effective ICT teaching methods like animated pictures, PowerPoint presentations and visual charts for easy understanding by student HEAD OF DEPARTMENT:
PROJECTS HANDLED BY THE DEPARTMENT:
Title of the project
Year of sanction
Phytochemical Analysis and Evaluation of Gastro protective Activity Through in vivo and in silico Methods
Best practices of the department
- Students are encouraged to participate in various competitions both co-curricular & extracurricular.
- Intercollegiate fest/ scientific lecture sessions are organized by the students.
- The students do scientific paper presentations.
- Encouraged to write the project proposals.
- Rural Exposure camp.
- Orphanage visit, social awareness programs.
- Celebration of Teachers day, Yoga day.
- Student seminars every semester
- In-house Research projects
- Students present their posters in National seminars & conferences
- Coaching classes to clear UGC-CSIR NET, GATE.
- Study tours/Industrial visits.
- Online Teaching by online teaching tools like Google class rooms etc
- Virtual lab presentations
- Educational CD's
- Advanced learners projects / Weak students assignments
- Bridge classes
- Remedial coaching
- OHP multimedia
- Unit tests
- Group discussion
- Complaint & Suggestion Box
- Laminar Air-flow apparatus
- Binocular Microscope
- Digital pH meter
- LCD Projector
- Visible Spectrophotometer
- Laboratory centrifuge
- OHP Projector with screen & stand
- Digital Balance
- Hot plate
- Water bath
- Distillation plant
- Micro pipettes
- Hot air oven
- Mantle furnace
CERTIFICATE COURSE -: HEALTH & NUTRITION SYLLABUS