The NCC in India was formed with the national cadet corps act of 1948. The NCC came into existence on 15th , July 1948. The National cadet corps can be considered a successor of the university training corps (UOTC) that was established by the British in 1942
During the wars with Pakistan in1965 and 1971 NCC cadet were the second of defense . NCC cadet also worked with the civil defiance authorities and took part in rescue work and traffic control They also took part in social services and youth management
The NCC is considered the Indian military cadet corps with its headquarters at New Delhi ,India. It voluntarily organizes and recruits cadets from high schools, colleges, and universities all over India The cadet gives basic military training aiming to motivate them , so as to choose a career in military and to serve nation in all aspects.
AIMS OF NCC
1. It aims at developing qualities of character, courage, comrade ship ,discipline ,leadership ,secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sports man ship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizens
2. To create humans resource of organized ,trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life.
3. It aims to motivate the youth to take a career in the armed forces
4. It aims in corporate national integrity among youth of the nation
5. It aims to motivate the cadets /youth to participate in social service activities
Importance of NCC
Students often join the National cadet corps during their graduation from all over india where they are giving basic education to high level military training,which helps them in finding out whether they are suitable to pursue Nations Security as their career in the future.