BRIEF HISTORY OF DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY:
The Department of Biotechnology was established in 1998 .It is offered as a restructured course in combination with Botany and Chemistry.The Biotechnology department is having full-fledged laboratory and a Departmental Library giving conceptual approach towards the subject both theoretically and practically. There is a separate culture room for aseptic inoculation and for incubation of cultures at controlled temperature and humidity.100 % result is being achieved for the past 6 years. Most of the students are going for higher studies i.e for B.Ed / M.Sc after completing their graduation .The department is organizing certificate courses on Vermicompost , Mushroom cultivation , Biofertilizers and Biopesticides ,which enables the student for self employment.
To provide students with fundamental , theoretical and practical knowledge on basic sciences. To be a centre of excellence in the field of Biotechnology and to create graduates who endeavour for the welfare of mankind.
To impart quality education for life long professional growth and opportunity in a wide range of careers .Regular updation of the course curriculum is done to cater to the needs of academia and industry.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT :
o Organized a National Seminar on “Prospectives of Plant Biotechnology” on 27 –07 – 11 & 28 –07 - 11 at K.V.R.G.C(W),
KNL which was sponsored by APSCHE, Hyderabad.
o Organized a National Seminar on“New Horizons in Biotechnology” on 09 –02– 15 & 10 –02– 15 at K.V.R.G.C.W(A),
KNL which was sponsored by UGC-SERO, Hyderabad.
o Completed One MRP- 2.5 Lakh funded by UGC-SERO on the topic “Enhancing acclimatization of tissue culture raised plants by biotization”.
- Organizing awareness programmes and guest lectures by elite persons in the field of Science & Technology to motivate students.
- Using effective ICT teaching and learning methods like Power Point presentations ,You tube videos and virtual labs for easy understanding by students.
- Guidance is given for the preparation of PG andB.Ed entrance exams.
- Panel presentations are given by the students.
- Students are encouraged to give both oral and poster presentations in National seminars & symposiums.
- Inculcating Research aptitude in students by assigning Internet project workion Summeron Current Science Topics
o Conducting Blood grouping and Hemoglobin estimation camp for all freshers of the College and assigning it has Case Study Projects
for Advanced learners.
o Organizing Community service programmes to create a sense of concern towards Nature & Humanity.
o Organizing Health camp in near by villages to promote awareness among backward rural people about health and hygiene.
o Science Expo is conducted in the first week of January every year by I,II and III Biotechnology students which covers scientific issues of
the previous calendar year.
o Encouraging Best out going Biotechnology student by giving endowment prize every academic year on College Day.
Biotechnology, Botany & Chemistry- English medium