Brief History of Department of Commerce
The Department of Commerce aims at maintaining academic excellence and equipping Women students with the skills necessary to face the challenges of the current business world. This is the only one Women Government Residential College in the Rayalaseema Region of Andhra Pradesh.
To emerge as a premier place of higher education in providing holistic education in the field of commerce and industry matching with the global standards.
- To provide conceptual clarity and experiential learning atmosphere to the students in the field of commerce
- To update the knowledge base of the students with current trends in the field.
- To prepare the students for the job market and make them industry-ready.
- To transform young girls into technically competent, socially responsible and morally committed women.
- Offers Certificate Course on “Fundamentals of Stock Market”
- 100 % Pass in the academic year 2017-18
- Two Minor Research Projects completed under the Department
- 1:2 demand ratio for admissions
Name of the Department & its year of establishment: COMMERCE: 1998
Names of Programmes / Courses offered (UG, PG, .)
UG : B. COM (COMPUTER APPLICATIONS) 1998
PG : M.COM (PROFESSIONAL) 2003
Interdisciplinary courses and departments involved
Interdisciplinary Departments: Computer Science
B. A (COMPUTER APPLICATIONS)
Annual/ semester/choice based credit system: The Department is following the Annual, Semester and Choice based credit system.
Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments The Department is undertaking the paper of Entrepreneurship as a foundation course for all the UG programmes at college level.