The Department Of Zoology started along with the establishment of the college in June 1958 with PUC Bi.P.C – 40 students and B.Z.C(EM) – 20 students in 1959.Since its inception the department has been playing an important role in assisting the college administration in organizing almost every event. At present six lecturers are working in the department who are well qualified and trained.
To enrich andempower the students through knowledge & information.
To develop interest & enthusiasm among the students towards the subject, to enrich the students through knowledge & information, to enhance and improve the inherent potential of the students to cultivate ethical values and make responsible citizens
Highlights of the Department:
- Conducted 02 national seminars.
- Dr .S. Shamshad done a minor research project on “A study of evaluate the prevalence of consanguinity and its effects in muslim community of kurnool town.”
- Open day of Zoology Museum,
- Zoology exhibition.
- Field visits to fisheries.
- AIDS awareness programme.
Courses offered by ZoologyDepartment:
B.Sc-BZC EM, BZC TM.
B.Sc-Bc ZC EM
Expertise in the basic sciences provides the students with opportunities to go for Higher Education and also employment opportunities in industries, diagnostics,quality control and research.
Promotes an in-depth exploration in specific fields,current ways of thinking, new discoveries, and methodologies of the discipline leading the way towards biological research,
health professions, businessor education.
Program Specific Outcomes:
· Master fundamental skills to function effectively as professionals and continue learning within the field of Biology
· Provides an understanding of an exploration of how animals have evolved, how they function, and the ways in which they interact with their environment.
· An awareness of the impact of chemistry on the environment, society,appraise role of green chemistry in environment sustainability