Brief History of the Department
KVR GOVT College is the first women’s college in Kurnool sector which introduce the department of Botany UG courses in 1958 and PG course in 2015.UG with Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and Bio technology combination and PG with MSC Botany 56 batches of UG and 3 batches of UG Have gone successfully with good result
To exploreplant sciences, conserve and sustainable utilization of the plant world.
To provide a student-centered and profession-oriented higher education especially in Biological Sciences
To provide students with experiential learning opportunities
To make the students to acquire knowledge, ethics and values
To enable the student community to learn Science Majors as a multifaceted, humanisticand scientific discipline
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT :
- Well equipped laboratory
- All the faculty are regular
- 3 PHD and 3 M.phil faculty
- Organizing medical camps and science exhibitions and awareness programs by the students.
- Organizing seminars and guest lectures by assistant professors from different affiliated colleges
- Organizing student seminars , elocutions and quiz programs to improve the skills of the students and uplifit the abilities of the students and also encouraging students to participate in work shops and summer projects.
- Using effective ICT teaching method like animated picture, powerpoint presentations and visual charts for easy understanding by students.
- Maintain kitchen garden for the use of HOSTEL students
- Maintain medicinal garden for the use of cluster syllabus
- Maintain vermi compost unit for the use of the plants grown in kitchen garden and medicinal garden
1. YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT: UG - 1958
PG - 2015
2. Courses offered
BSC BZC EM AND TM BOTANY, ZOOLOGY, CHEMISTRY
BSC BIO TECHNOLOGY BIO TECHNOLOGY, BOTANY, CHEMISTRY
MSC - BOTANY