Welcome to English Department
The Department of English was started along with the establishment of the college in the year 1958.Since its inception the department has been playing a vital role in the development of college. All the lecturers of the department underwent training in communicative language teaching, ELF under George Bishop Jr., the Senior English Language Fellow from the U.S. State department in S.V. University Tirupathi. As result ELF methods have been introduced in English classroom.
The vision of the department is to access and to empower with higher education to all sections of society at an affordable cost. The department provides women oriented courses and striving hard for the intellectual, ethical and aesthetic development of women students. M.A. English is introduced in the year 2011 and offering certificate course. Capacity building is aimed at, which would go a long way in shaping the destiny of the nation.
At present the department is striving hard to develop communication skills among the students so as to enable them to become confident and compete with the urban students at various job interviews. In association with JKC the members of the department are imparting the students the required skills like soft skills, social skills, and group-discussion and personality development.
Our aim is to bring attitudinal change in the minds of students, to promote knowledge and and employment skills to empower themselves. Major aim is to contribute ourselves for the promotion of Autonomous status to Women University, the dream of the authorities.
A well-equipped English Language Lab is provided to train the students in International English and to expose them to different accents of English. Computer Based Test is provided to the students to improve their pronunciation upto 2015.The quality sustenance and quality enhancement measures are undertaken to meet the national trends.
Highlights of the Department:
- Dr.A.Madhavi latha, state level best teacher awardee in 2012.
- All the faculty of the department are ELF trained
- ELF methods of teaching are implemented in the classroom
- B.A. Litt. Introduced during the academic year 2015-16
- M.A. English is introduced during the year 2011-
- More than 50% students are pursuing higher studies from Adv.English group
- Communication skills and Soft skills I II II are introduced as Foundation Courses in 2015
- Statelevel second best study project - Prize received by R. Madhuri IIB.A
- State level first prize for securing highest marks in general English received by R. Mdhuri
- G.Pushpalatha from M.A.English received Gold medal from Rayalaseema University –2015
- Srinidhi and A.Jemimah are qualified in SLET.
- A.Srinidhi and A Jemimah are toppers in the P.G. Entrance Examination conducted by Rayalaseema University
- The only one college having B.A. Litt. In the district.
Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science(E.M)
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry (T.M. &E.M)
Mathematics, Computer Science, Data science(E.M)
Botany , Zoology, Chemistry (E.M & T.M)
Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry(E.M)
Biochemistry, Zoology ,Chemistry (E.M)
History, Economics, Political Science (T.M)
Computer Applications ,Economics, Commerce (T.M)
Adv.English , History, Computer Applications (E.M)
Adv. Telugu, Rural Development ,Psychology (T.M)
History , PoliticaL Science , Advanced Urdu (U.M)
B.Com. General (E.M)
B.Com. Computer Applications (E.M)